Numbers. (but completely different)

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Fri Apr 9 21:15:34 UTC 2004

 > lemme recompile it with the /2 operation and see what happens.........

Okay, I did that...
This new version goes into an infinite GC loop, It displays a black
screen which appears to refresh when I move between virtual desktops.
I'm trying to track down the bug now...

After a few false starts I ended up making a function integerValueAtB:
with the division operation... I THOUGHT it would be compiled exactly as
written... _INSTEAD_ the goddamned translator tries to get clever and
emits the same >> 1 operation!!! =PPPPPPPPPP

SHEESH!!!!!!!

How about this: We simply output to Transcript a notation that "this
method could probably be coded better with >> n instead of / 2^n "
whenever it finds such a case, in all other cases it should respect the
programmer's intent. =(((((((((((((((