A little namespace "proposal"

Bert Freudenberg bert at impara.de
Sat Apr 10 10:19:35 UTC 2004

Am 10.04.2004 um 21:35 schrieb Lex Spoon:
> The tools-only approach to namespace imports is actually worse than
> this.  While I must set up my C indentation to *edit* other people's
> code, we are talking about setting up a LookupContext before I can even
> *browse* other people's code.  That seems like a major pain and a big
> step backwards over the simplicity of browsing Smalltalk right now.

What if we store the lookup context with the file-out? That way,
another user would see exactly what the author intended.

Whenever we file out something, be it a single method or a package
containing hundreds of classes, we could just store the LookupContext
as a prefix. This would define the "default view" when I later file in
this piece of code.

- Bert -