Squeak, Databases and large amounts of objects

Germán S. Arduino gsa at softhome.net
Mon Apr 12 23:21:04 UTC 2004

Hi Chris and List:

I'm interested also in select some persistency strategy with similar
requirements, except for the data volume (in my case, max 5 GB).

As a requirement I need also the max simplicity possible to the user (means
that the user can download my product from Internet, install it and run it,
without having to deal with installations of databases, as PostgreSQL or
MySQL or any database or database object that need some server setup (and
maintenance)).

I'm very inclined by image segments, but haven't the needed experience yet,
and want to ask about using segments, problems, drawbacks, etc........also,
any another suggestion that meet my requirements.

TIA.

---
Germán S. Arduino
http://www.arsol.net