[ANN] EasySqueak on SM

Romain Robbes rrobbes at info.unicaen.fr
Tue Apr 13 16:22:44 UTC 2004

Last release for today I promise ;-)

This is a little tool to ease the creation of exercises for students
learning Squeak.
I did that because someone told me (and was right) that the basic class
browser is
too complex to start coding at the beginning. So this tools allows you
to define
suites of exercices as subclasses of a class (ExerciseSession), and
provides a
tiny environment for students to work with (a one-class browser, a
one-object
shell, and a window showing the session's summary (the class's class
comment)).
If you want too, you can also define sunit tests to let your students
program test-first,
or at least have the assurance that they work well ;--) .

More information and a few examples are on the package entry, and in
the package.

This could also be the base of a kind of lesson runner, similar to VW's
one
(which I find the easiest and fastest way to learn Smalltalk's syntax).

This is a quick hack depending on :
-OmniBrowser (version 184, which you can find at :
http://monticello.wiresong.ca/ob)
-CommandShell
-Services-Base

	Romain, happy to have feedback as always ...