[BUG] 3.6.2 VM has lost a primitive

Chris Muller afunkyobject at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 13 20:45:20 UTC 2004

> The changes you refer to were neither in the official 3.5 or 3.6 release.
> Since I don't, for no reason whatsoever, include any "non-official"
> modifications to either ObjectMemory or Interpreter I can only assume that
> you have been using a custom VM which didn't change the version information
> accordingly (e.g., this isn't really THE 3.5.1 VM but rather A 3.5.1 VM).

Perhaps I was using a custom vm, sorry for that confusion.  Currently, we have
a bug in 3.7b, which is becomeForward:copyHash: results in a primitive failure.
 There are two parts for this to work, the image changes that call the new
method and the new primitive.

This part says that the VM change was introduced in the VMMaker3-7a.sar
package.

  http://impara.de/~bert/swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes/5393.html

approved for 3.7a:

  http://impara.de/~bert/swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes/5398.html

closed:

  http://impara.de/~bert/swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes/5522.html

and added to the update stream as update 5578:

  http://impara.de/~bert/swiki.gsug.org/sqfixes/5496.html

at which thought it would perpetuate forward and was very happy.

What must be done to get this into the latest VM?

Thank you very much,
  Chris