[BUG]Unable to load BFAV, various problems

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Fri Apr 16 03:20:03 UTC 2004

"Brent Vukmer" <bvukmer at blackboard.com> wrote:

> Ugh.  Bad!  Tim, I wasn't aware of resolution 314159
Ignorance of The Law is no excuse. Resistance _is_ useless.

> but I *will* listen to at least one Banarama song in penance
<shudder>

> Hold on a sec, though ...  Are you aware of proviso 271828182?  ("Long colorful phillipics against bad code, with no accompanying patch, may be chortled at with impunity")
No need for a patch in this case; the quick answer is to revert
FileDirectry>fileExists:, the real answer is to reboot the universe
with slightly modified boundary conditions so that the offending file
system code never gets written. Or, I suppose at a pinch one could
extend the FilePlugin a bit. Maybe if I...... hmm....

tim
Useful random insult:- One too many lights out in his Christmas tree.