Helping other for helping us too

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Sat Apr 17 08:13:16 UTC 2004

Hi andreas,

especially because when I started my PhD there was no free smalltalk
and I was not even aware that it was cool. So I did eveyrthing in
Scheme+OO+MOP, five years later I would have used python or Java.
Apparently manager do not understand the power of a community and
teachers/researchers.
I feel sad. That's why Squeak will attract more and more people and is
going in the right direction: moving.

I always wonder why the obvious is not that obvious for others :). So I
hope that we will be able to help the VW engineering team because we
need a strong and conquering VW. Imagine even a trial version for a
programming language...."guys we have to code fast because after it
does not work".

in VW mailing-list I heard that the libertyBasic has some thousand of
users and that it is written in VW. This is nice to see that.

Stef