A little namespace "proposal"

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Mon Apr 19 11:12:32 UTC 2004

Hi!

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?st=E9phane_ducasse?= <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have another question concerning the difference you want to do
> between environment and namespace. I do not understand why we could not
> only use #environment to get the namespace of the class. Else we will
> have two concepts that are not the same but not different.

Well, IMHO right now we have only a half concept. Environment as it
looks today isn't usable AFAIK. But I agree.

> as a class know its environment this is the perfect place to hook the
> namespace.

And it is what my first code that I published also does.

> If this is not the case I would really like to understand.

Well, one reason not to use it is if the code actually is healthier
without that instvar altogether. I don't know the answer to that yet. My
current code just reuses it as you say.

> Stef

regards, Göran