[GOODIE] grid layout

ALR alr.dev at free.fr
Mon Apr 19 17:13:35 UTC 2004

Hi Lex

I would say that although Tablelayout and gridlayout look similar they are
quite different : the
Table layout is a unidirectional layout where you nest and size morphs
to multiple levels to achieve some columns/rows  alignment, the Grid layout
is a bidirectional layout where you place and size components in a grid.

Perhaps you can do the same things that you do with the TableLayout by
nesting several morphs, but for example when some components span multiple
rows and columns and other do not, nesting 3 or 4 morphs for one field with
#fixed/#spaceFill/#shrinkWrap is not really pleasant, it is really very
simple with GridLayout.

If you try to do some data entry form with multiple fields, labels, buttons,
then I think you will finally enjoy this simple layout.

And if you do not, let me know, I would be very unhappy to know why ... :-)

Cheers

Alain

E1BEZkt-0001qR-00 at logrus.dnsalias.net...