ObjectAsMethods, MethodWrappers, and #perform:

Markus Gaelli gaelli at emergent.de
Tue Apr 20 13:05:39 UTC 2004

Hi Romain,

> Yes, I'd like to see how you use it.
I'll send it to you privately.

>>> So I have to deal with the perform problem : it seems that wrapped
>>> method
>>> can't be performed, they are failing.
>>>
>>> So I'd like to know if there is a way to have perform work (Markus,
>>> you said that you were working on a vm change ?), or to know when
>>> accurately when a perform has occured and
>>> failed, or when a perform is about to occur.
>> As far as I know Tim included the existing change in the latest
>> VM-maker, but the vms are not yet official.
>
> So in this latest version does performing a wrapped works normally ?
I haven't tried it as I did not built my own vm. It is supposed to, at
least Tim included my first change, ran my tests and thus :-) found
another bug,
for which I sent another fix. Tim, can you please confirm?

I'd be happy to learn that it worked, as I was missing time to build a
new VM myself.

Cheers,

Markus