Multiple OS Windows for Squeak?

Brad Fuller brad at sonaural.com
Tue Apr 20 16:42:51 UTC 2004

> Steven Riggins wrote:
>
> > And as Andreas knows, TK4 *must* have multiple OS windows or we're
> > dead in the water.  I'm glad to see others needing this as
> well, and
> > we should all stay in the loop and share our work in this
> area to see
> > if everyone can benefit.

> > We WILL succeed, even if Andreas cringes at the site of my
> emails by
> > December.  :)
>

> Sounds great!  So, do you want to spearhead this effort? :-)
> It would be great to have multiple OS window support in
> Squeak.  All it takes is a sufficiently motivated person with
> *some* of the appropriate expertise... the rest of the
> expertise is waiting for you on this list if you ask questions.

I don't have the expertise to help, but I want to voice my vote for this
capability. Perhaps I can help in the long run. For my particular
application, all I need is a way to display text and one morph that can
change color to a 2nd monitor. As I mentioned, if I can't do this then I'll
have to find another way to create the app --- which I would definitely not
want to do.

brad