Multiple OS Windows for Squeak?

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Wed Apr 21 18:11:10 UTC 2004

Peter,

======================
To make it even simpler to implement the multiple windows how about leaving the existing window code alone and implement the new windowing code as a
plugin? This way only those who need the new windows would use the new code and the vm wouldn't be destablized in any way? Once it's fully debugged and
working the default main window could be switched over to using the new window code and the plugin moved into the vm (or it could be left as a plug in since it's nice to have a smaller headless squeak vm).

What do you think?
======================

I'm impressed - of course I'm the first to admit that I could easily be missing something that would spoil the plan.  I'm still more concerned about improving the feel of Morphic widgets than I am about having access to native ones, but I'm pleased to see efforts in either direction.

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology