Multiple OS Windows for Squeak?

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Thu Apr 22 01:57:10 UTC 2004

On Apr 21, 2004, at 6:02 PM, Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM wrote:

> Could you list some example applications that use multiple
> simultaneous OS windows?  Most of the applications I use regularly are
> mostly one window applications except for the occasional (usually
> modal) dialog box.

Having multiple OS Windows would make the Jabber client much more
useful. Most of the time, you want a small window that stays out of
your way, just showing the status of the people on your roster. But
when you get a message you want to open up a larger window for reading
it, chatting, or whatever.

If you happen to be working in Squeak, you can do this with regular
Morphic SystemWindows. But if you want to use the Squeak jabbber client
while using OS-native apps, your Squeak window is either too big or two
small.

Colin