Bad use of BitmapFillStyle and FormCanvas>>fillRectangle:fillStyle:?

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Thu Apr 22 08:15:57 UTC 2004

Good morning, Ken

Can you please try this:

 | fs  bc |

  fs := BitmapFillStyle fromForm: (Form fromBMPFileNamed:
  'pic001.bmp').
  fs origin: (0 at 0).
  " optionally, you may add:
   fs direction: 80 at 80.
  fs normal: 80 at -80.
  --- end of optional addition ----- "
bc := FormCanvas on: Display.
bc fillRectangle: (20 at 20 extent: 200 @ 200)
    fillStyle: fs

It works for me on a Squeak  #5878  on windows 98, but
as soon as I drop the  fs origin: (0 at 0).
I get the failure that you describe. The origin *is*
needed, whereas direction and normal are optional.

I looked at your fix from Jan 27, and I think it is really
related to that problem. I will look at it more carefully
right now and review it.

Greetings, Boris