Smalltalk Solutions accomodation?

Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM Dean_Swan at Mitel.COM
Fri Apr 23 23:56:49 UTC 2004

Well Tim, Welcome to the Great White North!  Have you gotten used to
+GST+PST yet?  And how 'bout that Sponsoship Scandal?  The scary thing is
that the Priceline people are most likely clueless that they are being
unfriendly to a lot of potential customers.  ...and William Shatner is
Canadian! (well he used to be anyway).  Mapquest is a bit annoying like
that too.  They have the Canadian maps, it's just a little difficult to
coax it into looking at addresses North of the border.

                                        -Dean

Tim Rowledge <tim at sumeru.stanford.edu>
Sent by: squeak-dev-bounces at lists.squeakfoundation.org
04/23/04 07:12 PM
Please respond to The general-purpose Squeak developers list

        To:     squeak-dev at lists.squeakfoundation.org
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: Smalltalk Solutions accomodation?

Peter van Rooijen <peter at vanrooijen.com> wrote:

> I've used Priceline from Europe without any problems.
>
> To get around the US-address centricity you basically massage your
> address info in such a way that the system will accept it, and that if
> the info is printed on a letter, it would actually arrive at the place
> where you live because the people at the postal services can make sense
> of it.
Interesting idea; I had no problems previously with priceline because I
was living in california but now I'm up north... I've found too many
sites where they insist on having the address filled in via menus that
only include US states or a few countries or whatever.  I suppose if
you can squeeze a full address in the text fields then you might get
away with choosing just any old state in the menus.

Fortunately on this occasion my wife has reminded me that I do still
have a US cc I can use, so panic over. It's good to have an effective
external memory!

tim
Fractured Idiom:- IDIOS AMIGOS - We're wild and crazy guys!