[ANN] Preview of Squeak interface to wxWidgets
rtg at rochester.rr.com
Tue Apr 27 21:46:24 UTC 2004
I have posted a snapshot of my efforts to blend Squeak with the wxWidgets
GUI library. Downloads are available at
- Currently Win32 only
- Wrapper methods are implemented only for core framework and demo classes
- Uses version 2.5.1 of the wxWidgets library
- Supports (in theory) most of the wxPython API
- Uses synchronous callbacks to Squeak via interpret()
- Built using a single internal plugin
- Most of the plugin methods are generated by parsing the wxWidgets docs
- Uses a modified VM (minor tweaks to ioProcessEvents() and interpret()
are needed to provide synchronous callbacks to wx events).
Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.
More information about the Squeak-dev