[FIX]? HTTPRequest name conflict

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Fri Apr 30 08:34:46 UTC 2004

I've been playing recently with the Squeak port of the Swazoo web
server, which includes a class called HTTPRequest.  Unfortunately, the
base Squeak image already has a class by that name, in System-Download.
  If we want to be able to load Swazoo into an image without crippling
the HTTPClient, one or the other of these needs to change.  Normally,
it would make sense to change the external package rather than the
image, but the whole point of Swazoo is that it's portable - if the
classes have different names in different dialects, life becomes much
more difficult for its users and maintainers both.  And there's the
additional bit of luck that System-Download's HTTPRequest is only
directly referenced twice, with most references going through the
indirection of #httpRequestClass.  It's unlikely that it's referenced
at all in code not bundled with the image.  So, can/should we rename it
to avoid this conflict?  I'm proposing BasicHTTPRequest, to distinguish
it from its subclasses PluginHTTPRequest and CachedHTTPRequest.  A
changeset that does this renaming is attached.

Avi