Spam RBLs (was Fwd: confirm ...)

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at cableone.net
Sun Aug 1 04:30:10 UTC 2004

Ned Konz wrote:

> On Friday 30 July 2004 9:27 pm, Jimmie Houchin wrote:
>
>>My original ISP went on an aggressive SPAM program and began using certain
>>RBLs. For some reason the squeakfoundation mail server apparently was on
>>somebodies blacklist.
>
> Do you know which blacklists?

I will check my email records with them when I'm at work Monday.
I'm on my new eMac and my email doesn't go that far back.
This was 6-12+ months ago.

> I'm routinely checking on my mail server for:
>
> * Spamcop.net
> * NJABL
> * SBL
>
> and probably others, and haven't seen squeakland.org appearing there.

Do you mean squeakfoundation.org   .....^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ?

The main reason I knew about this is because I cease getting any squeak-dev
mail. Or when I did get mail it came through after several days of delays.

I subscribed concurrently with a different email from the ISP I use at home and
could see the differences. So I contacted the tech support and that was the
explanation they gave me. They discontinued using the problem RBL. Hopefully the
problem RBL at some point got corrected.

Jimmie