Squeak 3.8 status

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Aug 2 18:52:50 UTC 2004

Am 02.08.2004 um 17:11 schrieb lex at cc.gatech.edu:

> No, I mainly mean that there should be people who can say "yes" to the
> really obvious bugfixes without needing two approvals and an SUnit
> test.

This is actualy not how the current process works in practice. I sent
you the mail
that an Sunit test would be needed because I executed your example,
nothing
happended that I could trivialy see as "broken". So I just was confused
and having
a test is quite nice in that case. I should have written that, sorry.

For the process: What is needed as of today is just that someone whom I
trust says
"yes, that's good". Then I sent an approval. For a lot of simple fixes
I do both: I look
at the code, file it in, test, and then I approve. This is especialy
the case with
non-complicated stuff from trusted people (e.g. Ned).

So there is no real complicated process with required SUnit tests,
formal peer review
  or stuff like that.  (if you look at the stuff that is already
approved you can see that).

I will answer your mails in more detail later.

     Marcus