Squeak 3.8 status

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Aug 4 07:58:47 UTC 2004

Hi chris

I do not like the idea to get all the fix included directly in the
image. Especially since we have not enough tests to make sure that we
can identify easily simple problems. Then for your VM changes
I remember the story and I can tell you that I did not want to take the
responsibility to introduce
some deep changes in the VM while I'm not expert there. So I think that
the process works ok (I'm not saying that this should not change).  As
a person sending a changes you have to a trust level or you should
lobby. I think that the process is much smoother now than it was when
we started KCP.

Stef