MC replicate

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Thu Aug 5 11:20:22 UTC 2004

"Marcus Denker" <denker at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> Am 05.08.2004 um 12:17 schrieb stéphane ducasse:
>
> > Hi
> >
> > I would like to know if somebody implemented a way to
> replicate a MC
> > repository.
> > For example now I'm commiting on my local file because my
> connection
> > is bad. Then
> > When I connect I would like to publish on SqueakSource all my local
> > versions because I want to keep
> > all the intermediate versions.
> >

> you could just upload all the .mcz files to SqueakSource.

While not quite related, I use the following script to replicate a repository (that is, copy a repository from SqueakSource to my local machine):

#!/bin/sh

if [ -z $1 ]; then
  target="."
else
  target=$1
fi

# Sanity check target; default to "." if not specified

cd $target

# Command-line options:
# Don't create a local directory structure; write to current dir
# Don't download multiple copies of existing files
# Wait 2 seconds between each download
# Be nice & don't hog bandwidth
# Run in the background
# Recurse
# But only one level deep to catch the files referenced on that page
# And we only want Monticello repositories
/usr/local/bin/wget -nd -nc -w2 --limit-rate=10k -b -r -l1 --accept mcz \
  http://kilana.unibe.ch:8888/SipStack/

Of course, you can tweak the above to add a from parameter. Or you could use rsync.

frank

whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
RNID policy.
If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the RNID
Helpdesk by telephone on: +44 (0) 207 296 8282.
The Royal National Institute for Deaf People
Registered Office 19*23 Featherstone Street
London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England)
Registered Charity No. 207720