squeak to meet databases

Angel "Java" Lopez ajlopez at ajlopez.com
Thu Aug 5 20:25:27 UTC 2004

Hi people!

Hmmm... I think that such package must support the concepts:

- a connection
- a statement
- some form of resultset

That is the base of JDBC (in Java), or System.Data (in .NET). In those
worlds, this concepts are interfaces, and there are distinct providers for
concrete implementations.

The first implementations can be any driver that use sockets and propietary
protocol to communicate to a database server (like MySql clients on Java,
see www.mysql.com, or MS SQL Server using TDS, see www.freetds.org)

Angel "Java" Lopez
http://www.ajlopez.com/