[ENH] openBrowser-ls

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Thu Aug 5 23:25:24 UTC 2004

On Aug 5, 2004, at 4:08 PM, Hernan Tylim wrote:

> Hi Lex,
> 	Does this suffice? This changeset will only create a new
> registry SystemBrowser, it will register the Browser class and change
> TheWorldMenu>>openBrowser to use the registry instead of the hardcoded
> call to Browser.
>
> 	I suppose I could also make the <cmd>-b shortcut to use this
> registry but I didn't know what to do with the browserShowsPackagePane
> preference. (see ParagraphEditor>>browseIt)

Ideally the browserShowsPackagePane preference would somehow modify the
value in the SystemBrowser registry.  But I don't think that's very
easy to do within the current preferences system...

Personally, I'd definitely prefer the consistency of having cmd-b do
the same thing as openBrowser, even if it means losing the nice
checkbox for browserShowsPackagePane in the short term.