Squeak 3.8 status

Alexander Lazarević Alexander at Lazarevic.de
Fri Aug 6 14:00:59 UTC 2004

Let me add, that with a fully-fledged bug tracking system we could
easily do things, that are impossible or hard to do with the current bug
fix archive viewer. Some of the things are:

    * Reliable registry: Using the subject of an email the BFAV guesses
      if the email is a new report or an addition to an existing report.
      This can fail and in the worst case a report gets assigned to an
      already closed report and so just disappears.
    * Merging: When two different reports describe the same issue it is
      hard to merge those just using BFAV. One reporter has to close his
      report and resend the same report with the same subject line of
      the other report.
    * Reopening: Once a report is closed you can't reopen it with BFAV.
    * Protection: Now everybody can close and approve reports. Even if
      this happens by accident you can't resolve the situation easily,
      because you can't reopen a report.
    * Web Interface: Now you can't just use a browser to search and
      track reports.
    * Many things more like packages, versions, severity levels,
      confirmation, assignment, automatic notifications, ...

Alex