potential bug - condenseSources

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Sat Aug 7 13:11:52 UTC 2004

"mds" <zenporcupinegrind at breathe.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've been trying to condense the sources file in 3.7g (#5985), but come
> across some problems;
>
> Whether renaming the sources file in the FillInTheBlank, or leaving as
> the default SqueakV3, I run into problems. I'll not paste in the debug
> output yet, as it's a cynch to replicate this problem; open up a
> workspace,
>
> Smalltalk condenseSources
>
> - and weep.
This is a known problem, it was discussed in Dec 2003 and
Jan 2004, but the reviewed patch was never approved nor
included into the update stream.
In the the BFAV archive, you find the relevant mails under
ID numbers
14349, 14404, 14575, 14585, 15007, 15011.
I think you should try the attachment for the mail with Id
15007.
For your convenience, I send you the file from ID 15007 as an
attachment to this message.
Please try it and tell us your findings. Perhaps we can still
include this patch into final 3.7. (Inclusion is important, otherwise
questions like yours will repeat on this list.)

Greetings,
 Boris

Question to Doug, Stephane, Marcus:

Can you approve this and bring it into the update stream?
It would be really helpful.

Greetings, Boris

Postscript:
I just see that Karl Ramberg has reviewed this stuff again.
Thank you, Karl!