[GOODIE] KeyBinder - SystemWindow Switcher

Germán S. Arduino gsa at softhome.net
Sun Aug 8 18:15:40 UTC 2004

Muy Bueno Hernán!

Very cool Hernán!

I've only replaced the "\" by another key more suitable for my keyboard, but
I like this goodie!

Regards.

gsa.

"Hernan Tylim" <htylim at yahoo.com.ar> escribió en el mensaje
news:000401c47d11$aa72c1e0$f07f37c8 at obscuro...
Hi,
A couple of days ago someone asked on this list if it was
possible to switch between SystemWindows in squeak like you do in
Windows.

Well, before wasn't posible, now it is. I present to you
KeyBinder.

The idea behind KeyBinder is to provide a mechanism for
assigning global key bindings. KeyBinder does this by changing the way
Squeak handles Keyboard events, it basically adds to HandMorph the
ability to manage more than 1 keyboard focus. The main advantage of this
approach is that it can capture any keyboard event that is generated on
Squeak.

As a proof on concept for KeyBinder I made a KeyBinding for
switching between SystemWindows. With <cmd>-\ (backslash) you will be
able to switch forward, while with <cmd>-| (pipe) you will be able to
switch backwards.

To test KeyBinder just file it in and from a Workspace evaluate:
"KeyBinder new openInWorld". A tiny green rectangle will appear on the
top left corner of the World. Click on the rectangle with the right
mouse button and select: 'add Window Switcher' to enable the key binding
of window switching, and that's it. Try it and have fun.

And please (please!) tell me what you think about it.

Thanks

ps: 3:32 am, time to go to sleep.

Saludos,
Hernán