Regular Expressions

Avi Bryant avi at beta4.com
Mon Aug 9 20:47:16 UTC 2004

On Aug 9, 2004, at 1:18 PM, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> Tim:
>
> I know you are a essential voice.
>
> But I think what gamma state apply to basic.
>
> What bad could be a vote system on SqueakPeople about which packages
> are
> "must have it "
>
> Final should be basic more a script for loading all packages what are
> certified as not having undesired effects and having votes for it.
> And Diego are working on this.
>
> Or maybe I be wrong ?

I think the confusion is between the words "final" and "full".  The
"final" release is identical to the last gamma release, once it has
been tested enough that we no longer know of any bugs (or have decided
to leave some in, I guess).  The "full" release is this final release
plus a bunch of packages.  What it sounds like you're lobbying for is
that the Regex package be made part of the "full" release, not the
"final" release.

Avi