Update stream ideas for 3.8 (was Re: Squeak 3.8 status)

Andreas Raab andreas.raab at gmx.de
Tue Aug 10 07:27:09 UTC 2004

Hi Avi,

> By this do you mean the alt-v version history for individual methods?
> I'm not sure I see why using MC would necessarily give you less of that
> than using changesets would...

Sorry about this - it should have said is that *any* external package looses
the incremental information and that indeed bothers me a lot. It was just
that I noticed this with MC-based external packages recently but the problem
clearly isn't limited to MC-based ones. The trouble is simply that for
anything that has a significant evolution the information about what was
changed when and by whom can be incredibly valuable (like lately when I was
wondering why I had successfully built a VM with VMMaker-3.6b3 vs. Ian
having problems with VMMaker-3.6g5 or somesuch). If MC could be made to
support this information I'd actually consider this a *major* argument in
favour of it.

Cheers,
  - Andreas