RemoveOldSocket changeset

Kamil Kukura kamk at volny.cz
Thu Aug 12 00:10:37 UTC 2004

lex at cc.gatech.edu wrote:
> OldSocket currently has a lot of nice example methods; it would be nice
> to copy those over before deleting the class!

Ouch, I remembered I wanted to review them and move them onto Socket but
forgot that. Thanx for reminding. However, few questions regarding
guidelines:

- OldSocket class has protocol category "tests", should be these tests
moved to newly organized system, that is to separate class in class
category Network-Kernel-Tests? (oh, there's Network-Kernel-Test)

- now, what's preferred: repost intented changeset or post another
changeset to this one??

> Also, I see a lot of changes to HTTPSocket in there.  What are they
> about?  -Lex

Because HTTPSocket was subclassed from OldSocket I had to find what
methods of OldSocket [not in Socket] did it use. The difference was
mainly in expressing timeouts.

--
Kamil