Adding something to the Squeak website...

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Fri Aug 13 21:20:50 UTC 2004

Andreas Gerdes wrote:

> Serge,
> we run Squeak on Debian, it's lightning fast and it runs stable for a
> week now with a SWImageStorage active.
> Me too, I have had some trouble with the snapshot storage (CPU at 100%
> or damaged Snapshots) but IF you get it to run once, it seems to be ok.

To me, that seems to be a big *IF*.  I've had no luck at all myself-- I
always get damaged Snapshots (except on Windows, where I get CPU at 100%).

The Bountiful Baby forum currently runs under Squeak SmallWiki:

   http://www.bountifulbaby.com:8080

Right now I do manual image saves.  I've lost data before, but
fortunately the wiki isn't mission critical.  I've been tempted to yank
the entire SmallWiki out and replace it with the old Squeak ComWiki  (or
PWS Wiki, or whatever it's called).  Another option is phpbb (at
http://www.phpbb.com), which is something much more familiar to our
clientele, because so many doll chat groups run under phpbb.

Still undecided on exactly what I'll do, though.

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt

Bountiful Baby
http://www.bountifulbaby.com
The Most Complete Reborn Supply Store On The Web!

(801) 992-3137