A More Inclusive Community-Based Model for Squeak Development

Ned Konz ned at squeakland.org
Fri Aug 13 21:42:07 UTC 2004

Hi folks,

The attached HTML file is the result of some thought and discussion about
what we can and should do with Squeak's development. It tries to avoid talking
about technical solutions, focusing instead on communications, cooperation,
and other human issues.

Among its proposals are that we acknowledge the existence of different
"distributions" (i.e. different images), and that these should all be
maintained together (by different people, possibly) because they share so
much and can benefit by being part of the same process.

And it proposes to speed up the development process, and to acknowledge the
two-way relationship between the maintainer of a piece of shared code and the
projects that use that code.

Please take a look at it and share your thoughts.

It is also available on the web at
http://bike-nomad.com/squeak/community2.html if you want to link to it.

Thanks,
--