[Smallwiki] Re: Adding something to the Squeak website...

Nevin Pratt nevin at bountifulbaby.com
Fri Aug 13 22:38:30 UTC 2004

Hannes Hirzel wrote:

>I did manual image saves for a certain time as well. Now with the
>last update Chris Burkert did it is now again SWImageStorage and it
>works fine so far.
>
>A tip: Check with the process browser if you have some processes
>hanging (Chris mentioned that).

Been there, done that.

>And check the version you have got:
>
>0.9.23-5 and 0.9.23-6 were added relatively recently by Chris
>( ~ 2 months ago).

1. Opened the "Package Loader" browser within Squeak 3.6.
2. Did "update map from the net" inside that browser.
3. Scrolled down to SmallWiki inside that browser.
4. Loaded it

Accessing SmallWiki this way, the Package Loader browser only shows a
single version available.  It is listed as version 0.9.23.

Incidentally, this is the manner that 99% of the folks would expect to
get SmallWiki (as well as most any other Squeak packages).  If this
process is loading the wrong version, it needs to be fixed to load the
right version.

Nevin

--
Nevin Pratt

Bountiful Baby
http://www.bountifulbaby.com
The Most Complete Reborn Supply Store On The Web!

(801) 992-3137