[Q][DOC][VM][Mac] Re: Has anyone compiled a 3.7VM

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Mon Aug 16 04:16:39 UTC 2004

Well I wouldn't say they'll merge soon, I've compared the source for
both and have a merge work list to consider this fall.

However I'm currently working on multiple window support, and native
menu support, that will happen first.
For the moment I'm planing the ability to open a squeak/tweak project
in a secondary window. Clicking back & forth
between windows will auto-switch between projects.

Think emulated widgets, not native widgets. Not that I'll do emulate
widgets aka VisualWorks, the first goal is just getting
to the point of having two native windows drawn correctly and
interacting correctly with them and the menu bar.

Don't anyone ask about drag and drop of tweak objects between windows...

On Aug 14, 2004, at 4:31 AM, Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene wrote:

> I add I usually test all John stuff and details of OS is:
> Squeak 3.6.0Beta3 on Mac OS 9.x and 10.3.x
> Squeak 3.7.3Beta4 on Mac OS 9.x and 10.3.x
>
> And could add Ian Unix Vm
> Squeak-3.7b-5 on  Mac OS X 10.3.x only
>
> This one have some problems with file naming conventions on mac.
> I think both VM are in the process to converge very soon.
> Edgar

===