[ANN][KeyBinder] New KeyBinder release on SqueakMap

C. David Shaffer cdshaffer at acm.org
Mon Aug 16 21:11:00 UTC 2004

I am nearly done with the next release of KeyMapping.  It is supposed to
have global keybindings and a couple new features and bug fixes as
well.  The model has changed significantly.  It now supports:

    . per morph instance keybindings
    . per category keybindings (a morph belongs to a category
corresponding to its class name by default giving us class-specific
keybindings)
    . global keybindings -- I don't really know what these will do since
the target of the binding is ambiguous -- maybe only useful for BlockActions

Right now I'm trying to add a keyboard icon to the Halo to edit a
morph's keymapping (it will also allow you to edit category and global
bindings).  I'm not happy with resolution of the target of a keyboard
shortcuts and I see some interesting code in Hernan's changes to
HandMorph.    So I definitely see room to merge these projects.  I'll
get in touch off-list to pursue this.

My next step is to try to refactor a couple morphs to see how much I can
move into keybindings.  Lists, for example, respond to several keyboard
shortcuts.  These should be user configurable.  I'm not sure how far one
can take this.

David