Unable to run Squeak server on Linux

Frantisek Fuka fuxoft at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 17:26:09 UTC 2004

I have Squeak image with running RFB server. When I run this image on
my Windows computer, I can use VNC to connect to this computer and
work remotely without problems.

Now, I want to use the same image to run on my Linux server which has
no graphics environment installed. (It's Slackware.) I installed Linux
VM (Squeak-3.6-3/i686-pc-linux-gnu) and copied the files from the
Windows Squeak to my Linux directory - renamed to squeak.image,
squeak.changes and SqueakV3.sources.

When I try running this image using "squeak -vm display=none", I get
about 30 lines of "iconv_open: Invalid argument" and then nothing
happens. It seems that Squeak is running and I can stop it using
Ctrl+C. However, I cannot connect to it using VNC.

--
Frantisek Fuka (yes, that IS my real name)
(and it's pronounced "Fran-tjee-shek Foo-kah")
My E-Mail: fuka at fuxoft.cz
My Homepage: http://www.fuxoft.cz
My ICQ UIN: 2745855
FFFILM: http://surf.to/fffilm