Looking for volunteer(s) for Full Image Maintainer (was Re: 3.8 alpha status?)

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Wed Aug 18 18:20:06 UTC 2004

On Wednesday, August 18, 2004, at 03:18 AM, stéphane ducasse wrote:

> On 18 août 04, at 08:01, Doug Way wrote:
>
>> BTW, a more urgent problem is the 3.7 "full" release.  We no longer
>> have a Full Image content maintainer, so progress has stalled on
>> this.  If anyone has any interest in becoming the Full Image content
>> maintainer, or even just the tentative/interim Full maintainer, let
>> me know!
>
> I was not aware of that!
> So we should send an official call for that.

Ok, consider this an official call looking for a Full Image Maintainer.
:)

There are two parts to this:

1. Finding someone to help with the very short-term task of getting the
"3.7 Full Assembler" package in shape for the 3.7 release, which needs
to happen very soon.  We don't have time to add new projects and
interesting content for 3.7.  (If no one volunteers for this I will
cobble something simple together for 3.7.)

2. The longer-term maintenance of the Full image/configuration content,
for 3.8 and beyond.  This is where some person(s) could help with
coming up with new demo projects and things like that.

> I could help there. May be the easiest thing would be to collect
> projects?
> What do you think. I can ask to the scgSqueakers because we have some
> critical mass in this moment
> so this would be nice to have a group here building the Full image.
>
> We can also work on it at ESUG!

Could be a good idea!  Although this sounds like it would be more for
the longer-term maintenance issue (part 2 above).

Also, I don't want to discourage anyone on the list here from
volunteering for either part yet.  Speak up if anyone else is
interested!

- Doug

Begin forwarded message: