[BFAV][BUG]? Sending mails using v170

Frank Shearar Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk
Fri Aug 20 12:37:03 UTC 2004

I just tried closing down the BFAV thread mentioned below, and I got the following mail in response.

I've only seen these since I added the X-Squeak-Version header change, and while I don't see why that should change anything, I wonder why I got this message.

What does it mean "Message has implicit destination"? My exim logs say

2004-08-20 12:35:50 no host name found for IP address 80.168.137.82
2004-08-20 12:35:51 1By7gV-0008dW-Gd <= frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk H=(wsfrank) [80.168.137.82] P=smtp S=632
2004-08-20 12:35:52 1By7gV-0008dW-Gd => frank.shearar at rnid.org.uk <Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk> R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp H=mail2.rnid.org.uk [217.158.120.228]
2004-08-20 12:35:52 1By7gV-0008dW-Gd => karl.ramberg at chello.se R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp H=mail.chello.se [213.46.243.2]
2004-08-20 12:35:53 1By7gV-0008dW-Gd => squeak-harvest at lists.squeakfoundation.org R=dnslookup T=remote_smtp H=mail.theinternetone.net [62.4.94.210] X=TLSv1:DES-CBC3-SHA:168

which to me seems like the To header's there...

I googled a bit, and Mailman seems to send this message when you've BCCd the list. Although http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2003-January/025511.html says that "It could be that more than one domain or host name resolves to your particular host".

So what gives? Is it BFAV's fault or the list's? :)

frank

whom they are addressed. Any views or opinions expressed
are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent
RNID policy.
If you are not the intended recipient you are advised that any
use, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this
email is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this email in error please notify the RNID
Helpdesk by telephone on: +44 (0) 207 296 8282.
The Royal National Institute for Deaf People
Registered Office 19*23 Featherstone Street
London EC1Y 8SL No. 454169 (England)
Registered Charity No. 207720