Text to speech complaint and Hello everyone

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Sat Aug 21 16:20:03 UTC 2004

From: Joshua Scholar jscholar at access4less.net  wrote:

> I notice that the text to speech system is so incomplete that it blows up
when
> handed any text that has punctuation in it.

Can you please give us an example text that causes problems?
I just tried some examples with punctuation (in Squeak 3.7 gamma1)
and they all worked. (As a starting point I used the examples in the
class protocol of class  Speaker)

> While I am a programmer, I'm new to Smalltalk, so it may be a while before
> I'm submitting fixes myself... How does that work anyway?
You send a mail with a subject line that begins with
 [FIX]
to this list. The subject should also give a short description
of the fix. For details about tags that we use on this list, you
may wish to read this page:
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/1962

Fixes are reviewed by volunteers and finally accepted for
inclusion into the image. Details are described at page
http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/3152

> Is Squeak really open source?
Yes, it is.

Greetings, Boris