How do I wait for HandMorph>>openInHand to complete?

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Sun Aug 22 07:44:19 UTC 2004

Hi,

I have the following simple code in a PasteUpMorph subclass:

    symbol := MyMorph new.                 " create "
    symbol openInHand.                     " place "
    (self submorphs includes: symbol true) " use "
       ifFalse: [self error]

I get the error because HandMorph>>openInHand digresses into the jungle on
a separate thread to make me place the symbol.

self submorphs is executed before openInHand is completed, which is before
symbol is added to submorphs.

Any way I can wait for HandMorph>>openInHand to complete?

Cheers
--Trygve

--

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: trygver <at> ifi.uio.no
Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver