Speech as separated package

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Mon Aug 23 19:40:26 UTC 2004

Am 23.08.2004 um 20:04 schrieb Kamil Kukura:

> Talking about speech capabilities I would like to vote for having them
> not included in basic image. As I noticed it's already separated into
> a package on SqueakMap (by Luciano Notarfrancesco
> <lnotarfrancesco at yahoo.com>). There's already SpeechRemoval package
> which does nothing else that SystemDictionary>>discardSpeech does.

In the current way of how things work... you should do this: Post the
removal as a .cs.gz, with a nice preamble describing what
the changeset does.  The Mail to the list should have a [ENH] in the
subject.

With that done, the changeset will show up in BFAV for the harvesters
to look at. To repeat: In the way the system currently works,
this has to be done. If that changeset is not posted to the list in
this way, nothing will happen.

That will take some time, that is: months, as there are currently not
many people interested in looking at that stuff, but it should be
dealt with eventualy.

Alternatively, you could sent a mail just like you did with [BUG] in
the subject, but then chances are very minimal that something
will happen, but at least the report does not get lost.

        Marcus