Security on a production image

Giovanni Giorgi jj at objectsroot.com
Tue Aug 24 22:48:13 UTC 2004

If you need an application security, you must code it by hand. Seaside
for example protect admin page with a password, swiki do a similar
thing too.

For the meantime base image does not provide a standard ACL or a thing
like that as far as I know.

If you are talking of security like "I have multiple users/app on a
SINGLE image"...
...that kind of security on smalltalk is not easy to obtain.
You can load a Monticello Package and think it as an "application".
But you should also plan to protect the core method of the kernel from
overwriting...teoretically possibile, but very difficult in pratice, I
suppose.
bye