Lessons learnt from been an integrator

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Aug 25 18:01:15 UTC 2004

Am 25.08.2004 um 18:22 schrieb Colin Putney:

> Now, if I were to post-pone those features, and focus on a clean and
> simple reimplementation of the default browser, I think that could be
> done fairly quickly. But note that this would be a very bare-bones
> implementation, with even fewer features than the default browser. I
> don't have any plans to implement the groovy experiments that were
> done by SqueakCentral - things like tile view, alternate syntax etc.

These experiments were experiments that are, to my knowledge, not
worked on any more. So we should remove them. Actualy that would make
large parts of the system much simpler...

With a modern parsetree implementation and a modern compiler, much of
those experiments could be done in a much more modular kind
of way.

     Marcus