Lessons learnt from been an integrator

Kamil Kukura kamk at volny.cz
Wed Aug 25 18:43:18 UTC 2004

Marcus Denker wrote:

> We should realy at one point decide about having one system, why provide
> MVC and Morphic? (yes, morphic is too slow... and too big, and impossible
> to understand). So... not that this helps in this discussion ;-)

If is it yet possible to isolate morphic, it would be interesting to
have "mvc-only" distribution. Apparently
SystemDictionary>>discardMorphic doesn't work. I see now even pure MVC
intermix with morphic somehow (in main menu the action "keep this menu
up"). While usability of MVC environment is disputable it could form a
basement for more standardized GUI with dialogs, forms, trees, tabular
lists, icons, etc.

--
kamk