Shrinking

Jon Hylands jon at huv.com
Thu Aug 26 12:47:21 UTC 2004

On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:12:18 -0300, "Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene"
<edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> I have to tell I having SqueakLightServer a while time available.
>
> That is 3.6 to MVC plus Comanche and HttpView plus remote Smalltalk comands
> from regular 3.7.

How big is that image?

I have a 1.7 MB 3.2 MVC-only image, and a 2.3 MB 3.4 MVC-only image. I'm
currently using the 3.4 image with MaClientServer on my PDA, talking to my
main development image (3.7 full Morphic).

I have a simple update to the code browser that lets me send updated
methods to the PDA over MaClientServer, directly from the browser.

I've been trying on and off to build a simple 4 MB Morphic 3.7 image, but
so far I'm only down to 8.3 MB. There are still lots of obsolete classes in
that image, and I'm chipping away at them.

BTW, I had my first successful autonomous pool test a couple weeks ago --
MicroSeeker for the first time was able to dive on its own, and travel
autonomously underwater being controlled by Squeak.

We did the test at an outdoor pool at night, so the lighting wasn't good
enough to get pictures or video, but I'll be doing another test within a
few weeks during the day, and we should be able to get some good pictures
and video from that.

Later,
Jon