[UPDATES] 2 for Squeak3.7gamma

dway at mailcan.com dway at mailcan.com
Thu Aug 26 15:45:43 UTC 2004

I thought fixing condenseSources was a relatively critical fix, so I'm
adding it as a final update for 3.7gamma.  (Plus a comment-only change
to TwoWayScrollPane indicating that it's obsolete.)

Well, this fixes *a* problem with condenseSources, anyway... testing it
just now with the gamma1 image, I'm seeing a different problem (nil
isSeparator) which I don't think I was seeing with earlier images...
sigh.  Well, that will have to wait for 3.8, which will be a short
release anyway.

No other critical-sounding bugs have come up for 3.7gamma, so this
should be it.  I'll release a gamma2 candidate image shortly, which
includes these updates plus any appropriate Welcome Window changes from
Marcus/Stephane's Full image.

- Doug

------------------------------

5986CondenseSources-bg-dew -- Boris Gaertner and Doug Way -- 24 August
2004
Smalltalk condenseSources runs into an error that is caused by the fact,
that the SourceFileVersionString is stored at two places - in
SystemDictionary and in SmalltalkImage.  This proposal removes
SourceFileVersionString from SystemDictionary so that it's only stored
in SmalltalkImage.
Cleaned up for 3.7gamma. -dew"

5987TwoWayScrollComment-dew -- Doug Way -- 24 August 2004
Questions/problems have come up a few times recently about
TwoWayScrollPane, which is now obsolete.  This is simply a class comment
change which makes it clear that it is obsolete."

<This automated message brought to you by the UpdateIncorporationTool.>
<See the UpdateIncorporationTool package on SqueakMap for details.>