Shrinking

Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar
Fri Aug 27 00:09:04 UTC 2004

On 26/08/04 09:47, "Jon Hylands" <jon at huv.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 26 Aug 2004 08:12:18 -0300, "Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene"
> <edgardec2001 at yahoo.com.ar> wrote:
>
>> I have to tell I having SqueakLightServer a while time available.
>>
>> That is 3.6 to MVC plus Comanche and HttpView plus remote Smalltalk comands
>> from regular 3.7.
>
> How big is that image?
>
> I have a 1.7 MB 3.2 MVC-only image, and a 2.3 MB 3.4 MVC-only image. I'm
> currently using the 3.4 image with MaClientServer on my PDA, talking to my
> main development image (3.7 full Morphic).
>
> I have a simple update to the code browser that lets me send updated
> methods to the PDA over MaClientServer, directly from the browser.
>
> I've been trying on and off to build a simple 4 MB Morphic 3.7 image, but
> so far I'm only down to 8.3 MB. There are still lots of obsolete classes in
> that image, and I'm chipping away at them.
>
> BTW, I had my first successful autonomous pool test a couple weeks ago --
> MicroSeeker for the first time was able to dive on its own, and travel
> autonomously underwater being controlled by Squeak.
Jon:
For MVC it's 2.6 Mb .
For a Morphic 3.6 Mb, 3.6 clean downsizing demo, you have another long time
work announced to this list.
It's one Risk derivative game (TEG in Argentina) tested in Mac and Windows
what could play 3 player (one in server image, two on clients machines),
sealed as RTS app. (demo)
what follows yahoo groups , so you must have yahoo account to subscribe and
then any could download this and others projects.
I wish know others free sites where I could put .images files, so people
what don't like yahoo politics could download.
One more time I said:
I have a base morphic system 3.6 derivative , clean and what could accept
most projects on top, I call this gizmo SqueakLight.
I took ideas of your shrinking process, from Boris , Ned , Goran and sure
others (I apologize if forgot someone)
Also I see Aaron Dynbapad and Yoshiki works.

Edgar