Progress on 64-bit port

Jimmie Houchin jhouchin at cableone.net
Fri Aug 27 21:15:37 UTC 2004

I just want say thanks to you and Ian for this wonderful work.

I look forward to using Squeak on my dual Opteron server.
I run Gentoo Linux on that machine.
And hopefully a new G5 Mac next year. :)

DI> I also wrote a tracer subclass that
DI> will write images in a 64-bit format

Do I understand correctly that either I will be able to build or
download a 64-bit image to use with my new 64-bit vm?

Does it take any pre-existing 32-bit image and do its conversion, thus
creating the 64-bit version of that image?

Again, thanks for this wonderful gift to the Squeak community.

Jimmie Houchin