Condense Changes for 3.7 Full?

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Sat Aug 28 00:29:52 UTC 2004

Marcus & I were just discussing whether we should do a "Smalltalk
condenseChanges" for the 3.7 Full release.

Normally, we don't do it for point releases (3.4, 3.5, 3.6).  You lose
the intermediate method version information, except for the latest
version, plus the first version in the .sources file.  But it makes the
.changes file a lot smaller (11MB instead of 20MB).

For the reasons I state below, I think it might be reasonable to
condenseChanges on the Full image to make it a more reasonable download
size.  But leave the Basic image alone.

Thoughts?

- Doug

Begin forwarded message: