Shrinking

SmallSqueak smallsqueak at rogers.com
Sun Aug 29 04:46:04 UTC 2004

Hi Pavel,

> I have modified shrinking process for image 3.0. I have
> prepared a patch which removes Morphic references from source codes.
>
> The result is cca 1.2 MB large compact image with Squeak
> kernel and basic MVC tools. It has NO OBSOLETE CLASSES!!!

	I got an image 1264 KB small compared to 1559 KB for 3.6

	There are still a few empty classes:

	System-Exceptions Extensions:
		AssertionFailure

	System-Exceptions Tests :
		ParserRemovedUnusedTemps

	ShrinkHelpers :
		RWBinaryOrTextStream ServerDirectory TextDiffBuilder

	Are they supposed to be there ?

	I manually removed these empty classes an category, saving
	another 10KB, resulting in an image of 1254KB.

	Thanks for sharing.

	Cheers,

	PhiHo.