Status of the 3.7 VM for debian and bug with sm

mds zenporcupinegrind at breathe.com
Sun Aug 29 08:07:27 UTC 2004

Not simply a Linux problem - if this is the ImageSegment issue I think
you guys are referring to (apologies if not) then the problem appeared
under OpenBSD 3.5 too; code sharing between L2.6 and OBSD3.5 kernels is
of course non-existent.

But yeah, the quick-'n'-dirty hack is to avoid dynamic allocation by
specifying a fixed heap, iirc. Goran and I submitted a few messages
reporting such problems in July, with regards to SM update problems,
based around ImageSegment negative pointers.

Goran's post:
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2004-July/
079498.html
Mine: